Having spent the majority of the last few months either moving house or painting germans, I felt I needed a little change. And as I’ve just finished my German army (excluding the Panzer III Ausf J I “accidentally” ordered) and with getting a little frustrated trying to pin down the paint scheme for my USMC force, I thought I’d finish up the Orc Chariot my wonderful wife bought me last year.
It was nice to focus specifically on one model and the freedom of having a more open palette for colours was tremendously refreshing, ironic considering that a freer palette in itself can be a burden when trying to come up with a new scheme for something. I also cracked open the kolinsky brushes I’d been sitting on since buying them at Fiasco last year, they are a joy to use but I’m feeling rather nervous about ruining them like I do with so many other brushes. I’ve ordered some Zest-It – Acrylic Brush Cleaner & Reviver in the hope of keeping more of my brushes on the cleaner side.