Painting has been intermittent over the last couple of weeks, but there was a good reason for that, the arrival of my new baby girl. No pics sorry, this is a blog for miniatures and although she is one, unless she gets a coat of paint she won’t be appearing on here.
What progress I have made has been mainly on the warhammer giant I’ve had for over a year now (useful having a blog to check things!), I’m really enjoying painting this at the moment as I’m breaking from my usual style of base coating everything and then highlighting in turn. I’ve done a large portion of the base coats but I’m spending more time getting shading/highlights in on a specific section before moving on. I’m finding it easier to break up the large model and because its largely patchwork it’s an easy one to break up. I just need to overcome my constant fear of accidentaly painting over a shaded/highlighted area while I’m carelessly base coating another!
Tank wise the Panzer III is now pretty much done, I’m just waiting on the arrival of some decals from warlord to add the finishing touches to it. I went with dunkelgrau in the end as I prefer painting it and the tank was used heavily in both early and mid war so I should be fine with that from a historical point of view.
Marines wise I think I’m there on my colour choice, I’ve finalised the bases paint wise at least, I just need to work out what vegetation etc is going on it. Someone suggested fish tank plants for jungle leaves but I’ve yet to find any I like or that feel the right scale. I might have to pop to a craft store to see about fabric plants.